Songs of Experience
Duration: 15 minutes
Date: 1982 revised 2018
A setting of seven poems by William Blake for baritone and chamber ensemble.
This work was written for my great friend Daniel Gillingwater when we were both 2nd-year undergraduates at University College Cardiff.
1. The Clod and the Pebble - Baritone; Flute; Horn; Harp; String Quartet
2. The Lilly - Baritone; Harp
3. The Chimney Sweeper - Baritone; Flute; Horn; Harp; String Quartet
4. Ah! Sunflower - Baritone; Flute; Horn; Harp
5. The Fly - Baritone; Violin
6. The Sick Rose - Baritone; Harp; String Quartet
7. A Divine Image - Baritone; Flute; Horn; Harp; String Quartet